It’s been two months since my husband died and I have been asked countless times by concerned friends and people I know how I have been holding up so far. Usually I get that odd look of surprise (or even wonder) when I appeared to be pretty much okay inspite of what happened. I can’t say I blame them, I know that the thought of being a widow at a young age of 34 with an 11 year old kid at that is really heartbreaking.
Well, all I can say is that there are good days and there are bad days. But you see, I can cry my heart out, mop around all day, and completely shut the whole world out since I have the perfect excuse, I am grieving, but then I always end up thinking so where does this leaves me? Where does this leaves my daughter? Life has dealt me a big blow, one that had me reeling in utter pain, shock, and fright. I get that, but then I was also given a choice, that is to let myself drown in self despair or bravely face the world and try to move on. I choose the latter. If there’s one thing I learned from my father which my husband had made me see as well, my thoughts direct my actions. So if you ask me what gets me through each day following the loss of my husband, it’s the way I programmed my mind. Everyday, I try hard to see the good out of this situation, believe that help, blessings and opportunities will come, and feel God’s loving presence through my family and friends who have never left my side.
You will probably be the first one to say that it is easier said than done, believe me I more than agree with you as I struggle with it every single day, but having experienced such tragedy, I can only say that it’s the only way I can face each day without loosing my mind. It has made dealing with this loss much easier to bear.
Having the proper mindset is no mean feat that is why we need all the help we can get if we want to make it work for us. Reading self-help books such as The Secret and The Magic by Rhonda Byrnes, and The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin in my case have helped a lot, but still there’s nothing like hearing it straight out from people who have spent a great deal of their career sharing how it has worked well in their lives.
Great news is, Chinkee Tan, the much celebrated inspirational and motivational speaker, is due to have another life-changing and exclusive event this year entitled “The Power of Mindset”. We can all benefit from this experience. Here, Mr. Chinkee Tan will make us understand where our negative thoughts come from and how we can overcome and transform them into positive actions. He will describe how we can control our emotions and reprogram the way we think, feel, and act. He will teach us how we can turn tragedy into opportunity and replace the old worn out beliefs that we have acquired with new thought provoking ones which will help alter and change our mindset in a healthy and wealthy way.
He will be joined by no less than another motivational guru himself, Mr. Francis Kong. This much awaited event will be happening on November 14 from 8 am to 5 pm at The Victory (4th Level V-Mall Greenhills, San Juan). Tickets to this event ranges from Gold 2800 PhP, Silver 2100 PhP, Bronze 1400 PhP. Not bad considering that two of the most sought after inspirational and motivational speakers will give us a hand in programming our mindsets.
To register to this event, follow these simple steps:
- Follow this link (CLICK HERE) and you will be directed to Chinkee Tan’s facebook page.
- You will see the Power of Mindset Tab, click the Add to Cart found just below it.
- You will be directed to C-Tech Trading site where you can indicate the number of tickets you would like to get and the total amount of your purchase.
- When done, click CHECKOUT.
- You will be directed to the payment tab where you can choose how you would like to pay. There are two options: Option 1 is payment via 7/11 or M Lhuillier Stores (there’s a 25 pesos pay cash charge for this) and Option 2 is via your Cash Sense account.
- Then, fill out the customer info sheet. When done, click next. You will then be given a reference number which you will present to the cashier at any 7 Eleven or M Lhuillier branch. In the case of cash sense, you will be receiving a SMS instructing you how you can complete the payment.
- Receipt will be issued upon payment.
If you want to own your thoughts and use this to your advantage, do not miss this chance to listen to these great masters as they show you how you can make positive changes in your life given the proper mindset. See you there!
To get the latest updates on this event, follow Mr.Chinkee Tan on twitter too.