Malcapuya Island (Coron, Palawan)

I went back to work the other day, summer vacation over for us teachers. Though I loved seeing my colleagues and friends from work after almost a month of not seeing them, I caught myself a couple of times today wishing for a much longer vacation. Would have loved to enjoy more staycationing time with my family or travelling to distant places.

I had a super great summer.  Though I did not do some overseas travelling this summer, I was able to visit one of the must-see places in my dream journal, Coron. I can just go on and on about how beautiful Coron is till your eyes fall off their sockets from reading for the place is simply amazing. But then again, I will just let these photos speak for themselves as words cannot clearly give justice to the beauty of Coron  the way these pictures can.

These are all photos of Malcapuya Island which we visited on the second day of our Coron Trip. This is a good 30 minute boat ride from Calanggaman Island where we spent our first night.

Malcapuya Island

Malcapuya Island

It has the finest white sand.

Malcapuya Island

lost in tranquility

Malcapuya Island

the clearest azure water

Malcapuya Island

the cove in Malcapuya Island where we snorkeled and saw littles sharkies and clown fish

Malcapuya Island

stunning view from the cliff

Malcapuya Island

you can see how clean and clear the water is from the cliff

Malcapuya Island

view of the beach from the cliff

Malcapuya Island

simply breathtaking

I enjoy visiting new places, immersing myself in different cultures, and getting lost in a new city. I like feeling the excitement of being in a foreign country and relish  the thrill and giddiness of being in kiddie amusement/theme parks. But, I feel happiest when I am walking barefoot on sand, swimming freely in the sea  and discovering the treasures that lies beneath it. I’ve always imagine myself a dolphin in my past life since I absolutely love the sea so much. If there’s one place I rather live, it’s definitely beside it so I can ride the waves anytime I want to, pick as much seashells by the shore whenever I feel like it, and swim to my hearts content. My heart absolutely sings whenever I see even just a glimpse of the vast blue sea.

It’s very fortunate that we were able to visit Mulcapaya Island this summer.  There’s a big buzz going around in the that the owners would turn it into a private one and close it to tourists two years from now. Hopefully they will change their mind so a lot of people can still have the chance to visit this little island paradise.

Now I only see a vast sea of papers ahead of me. I had to wrestle with work and MA school for the next ten months before I am reunited with  my precious  sand and sea again. I guess in the meantime, I will just have to content myself with pictures of Malcapuya Island and of the beautiful places in Coron and hope that these will get me through the rough long months ahead.

35 Comments on Malcapuya Island (Coron, Palawan)

1. Oil and gas policies in India
    May 17, 2017 at 9:41 am (2 weeks ago)

Amazing article!
    it was really good to read this article
    you did the best job to prove that you are best writer
    one more thing that like is your website design .
    Keep writing and stay blessed
    thank you for sharing this article with us

2. wilgiles
    December 2, 2016 at 5:56 pm (6 months ago)

Awesome places!!! Yes, I do agree with you. Malayalam island in Coron, Palawan, simply indeed breath-taking scene of nature. I could sense the tranquility of the place, a worry-free nature’s place! Thanks for the shearing this great info with us.

3. Martin
    October 30, 2012 at 6:45 am (5 years ago)

wow ang ganda po ng pics niyo ma’am. saan po kayo nag stay sa malcapuya?=)

October 30, 2012 at 7:17 am (5 years ago)

Hi Martin, we stayed in Coron town proper, we just went there for a day. One of our stops during the isalnd hopping activity. Super ganda dyan.:)

4. marri
    May 24, 2012 at 2:25 am (5 years ago)

I super like the photo captioned as…
    “lost in tranquility”
    Truly an enchanting place to be in oblivion.
    marri invites you to read: FLOWER HuesMy Profile

5. mheanne ojeda
    May 23, 2012 at 5:35 pm (5 years ago)

i love this post and envy you for being in Coron! i have always wanted to be there, but twice the place got bump off from my schedule and seeing the clear water and finest white sand i knew what i am missing! well, i will make it a point to go there after the rainy season when i’m back from foreign trips. and although you’ll miss the sand, sea and sky for a few months, the malcapuya island is sure a great way to end the summer vacay!!good luck dear with school!
    mheanne ojeda invites you to read: Travel Philippines 2012: Take 4 in Bacolod CityMy Profile

6. Kalabasa K. Kamote
    May 21, 2012 at 11:19 am (5 years ago)

I want to visit Palawan now. 😀

7. Francis Balgos
    May 21, 2012 at 10:15 am (5 years ago)

Awww!
    Though Ive explored some of the Calamianes Islands that includes Coron
    I miss Malcapuya and Banana Island
    For the one reason that Amihan Winds will not let us have a safe passage from Coron Town or even from Culion..
    Ingit mode ako!
    Francis Balgos invites you to read: TRAVEL NOTES | SagadaMy Profile

May 21, 2012 at 1:25 pm (5 years ago)

Ahahaha Francis, me next time pa naman.:)

8. notingathena
    May 21, 2012 at 9:09 am (5 years ago)

the blue green water is really beautiful. the view i like best is the one from the last photo :)
    notingathena invites you to read: i don’t wanna be a bumMy Profile

9. maritel
    May 21, 2012 at 5:51 am (5 years ago)

Palawan is really beautiful. I think all their beaches are and the good thing is they are very strict on environmental protection unlike Boracay. I have been to El Nido and Amanpulo. Next on my list will be Coron.

May 21, 2012 at 1:26 pm (5 years ago)

Amanpulo? Wow! That’s my dream place to visit.:)

10. Gemma
    May 21, 2012 at 4:51 am (5 years ago)

You are blessed to have been able to visit such a beautiful place!!!

All you need to do now is close your eyes, go to your center and imagine coron!
    and as you open your eyes again, you’ll feel revived, energized and stable!

Love love love it!
    Gemma invites you to read: Pink Slips!!!My Profile

May 21, 2012 at 1:27 pm (5 years ago)

Awww Gems, I will do that. Thanks! Is that yoga?:)

May 21, 2012 at 1:27 pm (5 years ago)

Thanks!

11. Tripsiders
    May 21, 2012 at 2:58 am (5 years ago)

Wow Coron!!!
    this is one of my dream desti.. hehehe…

Love the pics.. (Love the beach…hehehe)

12. notingathena
    May 20, 2012 at 3:45 pm (5 years ago)

the blue-green water looks really inviting and the white sand is just as beautiful.
    beautiful photos, ma’am :)

13. Ness
    May 20, 2012 at 3:14 pm (5 years ago)

I will be going to Coron Palawan this October. Super excited. Thanks for your post, I will put this is my list. :-)
    Ness invites you to read: DELL | The Power To Do MoreMy Profile

14. Gil Camporazo
    May 20, 2012 at 1:52 pm (5 years ago)

Yes, I do agree with you. Malcapuya island in Coron, Palawan, simply indeed breath-taking scene of nature. I could sense the tranquility of the place, a worry-free nature’s place!

May 20, 2012 at 3:56 pm (5 years ago)

awww rom, that’s a sweet thought.:)

15. Amanda Spears
    May 19, 2012 at 1:22 pm (5 years ago)

This is a really nice place to spend a holiday. To tell you the truth, you give me a super idea about the next location for my family holiday.
    Amanda Spears invites you to read: Wii troubleshootingMy Profile

May 19, 2012 at 2:42 pm (5 years ago)

Hope you get to visit this place Amanda.:)

May 19, 2012 at 2:42 pm (5 years ago)

Thanks Kuya Marlon.:)