Random Thoughts This Mother’s Day

I have been contemplating since yesterday if I am going to write a Mother’s Day post or not. Not because I have ran out of nice things to say about my mom or my experience as a mother but because as it is, much have been said about motherhood.

It is ironic how people put so much effort on this day given the fact that for the rest of the 364 days a mother consistently puts in the same amount of time and effort in providing, giving, and loving.

Mother's Day

I think we should all the more be doing these sweet gestures to our mothers during ordinary days since it is during this period that our mothers do these small and big things that never fail to make us feel really special.

I received the best Mother’s Day gift today but I must say that what I will remember most about it is not so much the gift itself or the ceremonial way it was handed to me but the thought that my daughter took notice of the many things that make me happy during the days that we spent time together. And armed with these thoughts, she sought to find the perfect one that would delight me the most. I guess the fact that it wasn’t just any random gift but a well thought out one makes it really special.

Mother's Day

My Mother's Day Gift: Cath Kidston In Print (a book)

My mom specifically requested for us not to go out today to celebrate Mother’s Day. She wanted us to just stay at home so she can cook for us our favorite Kare-Kare. Cooking has always been her source of joy. She does this ordinary task daily with so much love and passion that every meal is always a special one. Today, we just had to indulge her. But not after stopping by McDo for a simple breakfast.

Mother's Day

Mother's Day breakfast with mommy

She is at her happiest when she is in the palengke, picking the best choice of meat, walking along the vegetable aisle, and surveying the wide array of fruits. She is in her best element when she is haggling with the vendors or cooking behind the stove. As usual we had the best Mother’s Day lunch courtesy of our very own in-house Chef, Mommy. You see, the best thing about my mom is, she always manages to make each day extraordinary with her cooking and loving and given that, we have learned to surprise her with little gifts or bring her out on dates even when there is no special occassion.

Mother's Day

In the end, what matters most to us mothers is not so much the gifts and the fanfare that come with the celebration of Mother’s Day but those little thoughtful things that you will do with great love for us Mother’s Day or not.

14 Comments on Random Thoughts This Mother’s Day

1. wilgiles
    December 2, 2016 at 6:29 pm (6 months ago)

Very interesting post. happy mother’s day to you blanca. Thanks for the shearing..

2. JobaerAhmmed
    April 24, 2013 at 1:11 am (4 years ago)

Its a nice post. At first I want to say thank you for sharing with us this kind of tremendous posting. Its my personal opinion that, Buying is much more effective than rent because then we have the freedom to do anything for next. invites you to read
    Play-Asia Promotional Codes

3. JobaerAhmmed
    April 21, 2013 at 4:01 pm (4 years ago)

Informative posting! I think this posting would be effective for all. Thank you for sharing with us. invites you to read
    Play-Asia Promo Codes
    JobaerAhmmed invites you to read: Hello world!My Profile

4. marri
    May 16, 2012 at 9:48 am (5 years ago)

BIG things truly come in small packages.
    Our mothers are not expecting much from us
    like any material thing to give them on this day.
    A warm embrace will do or sweet greetings.
    We will feel the same way when our children
    have their own family. Our presence is
    just enough to make them HAPPY.
    marri invites you to read: Using PLASTIC container or wrap in microwaveMy Profile

5. Tripsiders
    May 15, 2012 at 4:23 am (5 years ago)

Sweet..:)
    Belated Happy Mothers Day… God Bless..

6. tatess
    May 14, 2012 at 6:20 pm (5 years ago)

Mothers are really the best when it comes to marketing. They haggle for a good price .I remember my mom who spent almost all her life in the wet market for our food and her small carinderia .Now that she is 70 years old. she go to the market once in a while. We just let her relax and play bingo or tong its with our neighbors and her friends. She worked hard to give us the best life and now it is her turn to just sit back and relax.
    Happy Mothers day to your mom.
    tatess invites you to read: Mother’s Day GiftMy Profile

7. Mai Flores
    May 14, 2012 at 3:18 pm (5 years ago)

Belated Happy Mother’s Day! :)

I would have to agree that everyday should be Mother’s Day. As for me, I just make sure that my ‘Mother Figures’ are always well taken cared of and loved each and everyday. I was only able to skype/greet them last Sunday ince they’re all vacationing abroad. :)
    Mai Flores invites you to read: Budget Biyahera as seen on Filipino Bloggers WorldwideMy Profile

8. Ness
    May 14, 2012 at 1:17 pm (5 years ago)

I like the part where your mom is happiest when she’s in palengke. haha! Same with my mom, specially when we’re in a grocery store. parang end of the world. shoot ng shoot sa cart. haha!
    Ness invites you to read: 1st TxTFire Run: Takbo Laban Sa SunogMy Profile