Ace Hardware Computerized Paint Mixing

Last week my mom decided to changed the color of the room she shares with my daughter from pink to beige. Since my mom was not satisfied with the way the paint color turned out from the last painting project in our house about a month ago, we decided to purchase the paint from Ace Hardware this time.

When we dropped by Ace Hardware in SM last Sunday, this sign welcomed us. I was aware that they have this kind of service before but we haven’t tried it yet so we were very curious about how this works. We purchased the paint that we used last month in the hardware store near our house and they did manual mixing that is why it took a lot of hits and mixes before they got the color right, well almost.

The salesman showed us swatches of colors. I chose the Whisper of White from the Cosy color collection, a shade of lemon beige. After that, the salesman encoded it in the computer to get the right color combination and amount of paints that should be added. After the computer came up with the correct formula, the salesman started adding colors from the paint dispenser using the computer data as reference.

color swatches

paint dispenser

My husband and I were surprised when we learned that they have a machine that will do the mixing as well. My husband, who was all prepared to do the endless mixing heaved a big sigh of relief when the saleman announced that he does not have to that. After three minutes, the paint was ready to go. No sweat and stress.

mixer

I highly recommend this service because, although a bit expensive, it would save you the trouble of having to buy different shades of paint to achieve your preferred color mixture. One whole gallon of Ace’s Essence Flat paint cost php 990. Not bad considering that the paint can both be applied on hardiflex plywood and stone wall. Another plus factor is, it doesn’t emit a strong smell, in fact the paint is odorless, perfect for asthmatic like us. The mixture quality is also good, not too thick and not to runny either, consistency is just right. Here’s one side of our room’s newly painted wall.

Thanks to technology, home improvement like house painting is now made easy. You don’t have to have an eye for color or be good in the art of mixing colors in order to achieve that perfect look for your house. All you need is an innovative technology like this and you’ll be all set for a house make over.

41 Comments on Ace Hardware Computerized Paint Mixing

1. Shripriyam
    December 4, 2017 at 10:30 am (1 month ago)

Technology has made things easier and approachable for everyone in the world of digitalization.Nice post to read.Get Hassle-free painting services.

2. Maria
    October 28, 2017 at 5:41 am (3 months ago)

This is awesome and really useful. ACE Hardware is innovation and computerized paint mixing provides higher accuracy than the manual paint mixing method.Thanks for sharing such a informative content.

3. Maria
    October 28, 2017 at 5:36 am (3 months ago)

This is awesome and really useful. ACE Hardware is innovative technology and computerized paint mixing provides higher accuracy than the manual paint mixing method.Thanks for sharing such a informative content.

4. Martin
    September 8, 2017 at 12:09 pm (4 months ago)

Awesome Post. This Post is very meaningfula and informative. It helped me a lot.Hope you keep it up in future also by providing informative post.This Post is very much handy.Best of Luck & Cheers.
    Martin

5. Chris
    August 29, 2017 at 2:38 pm (5 months ago)

Amazing how much technology has advanced it also makes our lives much easier, especially when decorating our homes.

6. Kevin Jones
    July 18, 2017 at 7:31 pm (6 months ago)

This is really useful.
    I plan to launch a niche blog, and this step-by-step guide is really useful to me. Thank you so much

7. Kevin Jones
    July 7, 2017 at 8:25 pm (6 months ago)

expressing yourself honestly is something that is very important…visitors love to hear other’s story and their experiences…

8. AhmedRza
    June 13, 2017 at 11:40 am (7 months ago)

Thanks For you Valuable Words and friendly explanations

9. reeba madni
    March 17, 2017 at 10:09 am (10 months ago)

thanks for sharing such a valuable content. will try ACE hardware soon

10. Michael
    December 13, 2016 at 12:11 am (1 year ago)

The paint mixing service at Ace is perfect for those looking for that perfect shade.

11. House Painting North Shore
    December 5, 2016 at 4:10 am (1 year ago)

This painting is so beautiful and unique and I was not knowing that people with such a big and huge creativity are around too good and I am so much fond of this, and I will ask my friends also to see this.

12. Interior Painters Auckland
    December 3, 2016 at 6:26 am (1 year ago)

13. ddfdez
    October 31, 2016 at 8:08 am (1 year ago)

Wow, what a great article it is! Your posts are so interesting and providing me great information. thanks for the shearing.

14. William White
    June 10, 2016 at 3:10 am (2 years ago)

Wow. I did not realize that Ace had this machine. I’ll have to see if they have one close to my house/work. It would be a godsend if they have one. Usually I have to wait quite a long time to get the shades just right. I dread going to the paint store because it takes so darned long. I own a Mold remediation company in Houston and we use a ton of blended paint for touch-up. I get tired after a long day. Thank you Blanca for this article. The local Sherman Williams, Lowe’s and/or Home Depot does not have this machine… Thanks again!

15. maidcomplete
    May 11, 2016 at 8:11 am (2 years ago)

I wish more people would post valuable content like this. This is the first time I’ve been on your website, but after this, I doubt it will be the last time.

16. Mike Evans
    April 25, 2016 at 4:51 am (2 years ago)

Could you write another post about computerized paint mixing into a little bit more detail? I had some questions that weren’t answered here but I liked what you had to say on the subject. Love to hear more of your perspective.

17. locksmith
    April 22, 2016 at 1:32 am (2 years ago)

Way to go on this post man. Really killer stuff. I’ll be back to read your other posts.

18. 123atlantawaterpro
    April 21, 2016 at 7:27 am (2 years ago)

Wow. I am definitely going share this with a few of my friends. Very cool information for hardwares

19. Brushwork Painters
    April 19, 2016 at 7:35 am (2 years ago)

I actually have some fans on a facebook page related to this stuff. I’ll share your post with them and see what they have to say. I’m sure they’ll love it though.

20. MyElectronics
    April 8, 2016 at 1:22 pm (2 years ago)

Wow, that’s technologi I didn’t expect to see at this subject

21. Ive Gooden
    November 5, 2013 at 7:11 am (4 years ago)

Thank you for sharing this article. I bought my paint colors at Ace Hardware and I choose the best color they have (actually, they are all good)

22. keshicriss
    July 27, 2013 at 5:59 am (4 years ago)

that is nice paint, last time i bought gallons of paint and do house painting. now my house give a fresh and beautiful look.

23. Anderson
    April 3, 2013 at 9:04 am (5 years ago)

Good to know this information. You offer a good quality services at all times.

Thanks!
    Painter Perth

24. Andersons Rodriquez
    March 14, 2013 at 5:28 am (5 years ago)

When it comes to color paint mixing Ace Hardware is cool on that. Repainting of house is really nice in feeling and relaxing especially when you choose best matching colors of the room.

Thanks for posting you blogs!
    Perth painting

25. Lee
    August 21, 2012 at 4:44 pm (5 years ago)

Hi the great thing about this method of mixing paint for me. Is if they mix it and your not 100% sure you can always ask them to change it slightly while you are still in the store.

Good product thanks lee

August 23, 2012 at 3:01 am (5 years ago)

Thanks also Lee.:)

26. Rebecca
    May 2, 2012 at 1:29 pm (6 years ago)

Wow! That’s really new technology. This is the first time I’ve heard about this and I’m really surprised at the new technologies popping up. This one is really helpful! I sure will look for it when it’s my turn to buy paint. Thanks for sharing your experience.

27. ralph
    April 12, 2012 at 9:52 am (6 years ago)

now the hassle of having to wait for the perfect shade to appear after continuous mixing manually is over, thanks to this invention. I’d love to try that when i have to repaint my house.

28. Gemma
    April 12, 2012 at 4:48 am (6 years ago)

Nice huh? I was pretty amazed myself when I saw them use the technology when we bought a gallon of paint here!

Your mom must be pleased with how the room turned out! 🙂

29. Airra Pingol
    April 11, 2012 at 9:42 pm (6 years ago)

oohh.. this is nice. I didnt know Ace had this.
    this is a great post since im planning to change the colors of my walls at my room.

30. Enzo
    April 11, 2012 at 7:34 pm (6 years ago)

We need to spend much in order to achieve the quality that we want. Sometimes quality comes with the price so it’s better not to settle for less but with poor quality.

I also prefer odorless paint.

31. Jyppe A. Quidores
    April 11, 2012 at 5:35 pm (6 years ago)

Digital technology is really a great help in any field. For sure, computerize paint mixing higher accuracy rate than manual. Perhaps, similar concept is being used with digital printers. ^_^

Thank you for sharing this idea. Godspeed!

32. unsugarcoatedreviews.com
    April 11, 2012 at 5:34 pm (6 years ago)

Oh this is nice. I didn’t know about computerized paint mixing. I was only familiar with the manual way. This makes it quicker and more consistent.

33. athena/april
    April 11, 2012 at 5:32 pm (6 years ago)

i’ve seen this in ace hardware too but never really paid attention to it.
    this is a great innovation and i hope that i’d be able to try it out soon if i decide to revamp my space.
    cheers.

34. Irene
    April 11, 2012 at 4:47 pm (6 years ago)

Thanks to technology indeed! I love how the color turned out! It looks good on your wall! 🙂

35. Mary jane
    April 11, 2012 at 4:18 pm (6 years ago)

technology change a lot of things in our modern life now!! so no wonder everything is a breezy thing to do now! xx

36. tatess
    April 11, 2012 at 3:30 pm (6 years ago)

Ace sales person are very approachable .On our last vacation ,we went to Ace Festival mall to look around ,they were very accommodating answering to my hubby’s questions.

37. maritel ledesma (merlmd)
    April 11, 2012 at 3:11 pm (6 years ago)

this is so cool. I did not know Ace hardware had this, I wonder if they have have this service in bacolod. BTW i also clicked on your G+

38. Budget Biyahera
    April 11, 2012 at 2:33 pm (6 years ago)

We always avail of this service from Ace Hardware, as it never fails to offer that ‘hassle-free’ feature. We get our paint colors just the way we want it. =)