Ace Hardware Computerized Paint Mixing

Last week my mom decided to changed the color of the room she shares with my daughter from pink to beige. Since my mom was not satisfied with the way the paint color turned out from the last painting project in our house about a month ago, we decided to purchase the paint from Ace Hardware this time.

When we dropped by Ace Hardware in SM last Sunday, this sign welcomed us. I was aware that they have this kind of service before but we haven’t tried it yet so we were very curious about how this works. We purchased the paint that we used last month in the hardware store near our house and they did manual mixing that is why it took a lot of hits and mixes before they got the color right, well almost.

Ace Hardware

The salesman showed us swatches of colors. I chose the Whisper of White from the Cosy color collection, a shade of lemon beige. After that, the salesman encoded it in the computer to get the right color combination and amount of paints that should be added. After the computer came up with the correct formula, the salesman started adding colors from the paint dispenser using the computer data as reference.

Ace Hardware

color swatches

Ace Hardware

Ace Hardware

paint dispenser

My husband and I were surprised when we learned that they have a machine that will do the mixing as well. My husband, who was all prepared to do the endless mixing heaved a big sigh of relief when the saleman announced that he does not have to that. After three minutes, the paint was ready to go. No sweat and stress.

Ace Hardware

mixer

I highly recommend this service because, although a bit expensive, it would save you the trouble of having to buy different shades of paint to achieve your preferred color mixture. One whole gallon of Ace’s Essence Flat paint cost php 990. Not bad considering that the paint can both be applied on hardiflex plywood and stone wall. Another plus factor is, it doesn’t emit a strong smell, in fact the paint is odorless, perfect for asthmatic like us. The mixture quality is also good, not too thick and not to runny either, consistency is just right. Here’s one side of our room’s newly painted wall.

Ace Hardware

Thanks to technology, home improvement like house painting is now made easy. You don’t have to have an eye for color or be good in the art of mixing colors in order to achieve that perfect look for your house. All you need is an innovative technology like this and you’ll be all set for a house make over.

36 Comments on Ace Hardware Computerized Paint Mixing

1. Kevin Jones
    July 18, 2017 at 7:31 pm (1 week ago)

This is really useful.
    I plan to launch a niche blog, and this step-by-step guide is really useful to me. Thank you so much

2. Kevin Jones
    July 7, 2017 at 8:25 pm (3 weeks ago)

expressing yourself honestly is something that is very important…visitors love to hear other’s story and their experiences…

3. Michael
    December 13, 2016 at 12:11 am (7 months ago)

The paint mixing service at Ace is perfect for those looking for that perfect shade.

4. House Painting North Shore
    December 5, 2016 at 4:10 am (8 months ago)

This painting is so beautiful and unique and I was not knowing that people with such a big and huge creativity are around too good and I am so much fond of this, and I will ask my friends also to see this.

5. Interior Painters Auckland
    December 3, 2016 at 6:26 am (8 months ago)

6. ddfdez
    October 31, 2016 at 8:08 am (9 months ago)

Wow, what a great article it is! Your posts are so interesting and providing me great information. thanks for the shearing.

7. William White
    June 10, 2016 at 3:10 am (1 year ago)

Wow. I did not realize that Ace had this machine. I’ll have to see if they have one close to my house/work. It would be a godsend if they have one. Usually I have to wait quite a long time to get the shades just right. I dread going to the paint store because it takes so darned long. I own a Mold remediation company in Houston and we use a ton of blended paint for touch-up. I get tired after a long day. Thank you Blanca for this article. The local Sherman Williams, Lowe’s and/or Home Depot does not have this machine… Thanks again!

8. maidcomplete
    May 11, 2016 at 8:11 am (1 year ago)

I wish more people would post valuable content like this. This is the first time I’ve been on your website, but after this, I doubt it will be the last time.

9. Mike Evans
    April 25, 2016 at 4:51 am (1 year ago)

Could you write another post about computerized paint mixing into a little bit more detail? I had some questions that weren’t answered here but I liked what you had to say on the subject. Love to hear more of your perspective.

10. locksmith
    April 22, 2016 at 1:32 am (1 year ago)

Way to go on this post man. Really killer stuff. I’ll be back to read your other posts.

11. Brushwork Painters
    April 19, 2016 at 7:35 am (1 year ago)

I actually have some fans on a facebook page related to this stuff. I’ll share your post with them and see what they have to say. I’m sure they’ll love it though.

12. Ive Gooden
    November 5, 2013 at 7:11 am (4 years ago)

Thank you for sharing this article. I bought my paint colors at Ace Hardware and I choose the best color they have (actually, they are all good)
    Ive Gooden invites you to read: HomeMy Profile

13. keshicriss
    July 27, 2013 at 5:59 am (4 years ago)

that is nice paint, last time i bought gallons of paint and do house painting. now my house give a fresh and beautiful look.
    keshicriss invites you to read: Our servicesMy Profile

14. Lee
    August 21, 2012 at 4:44 pm (5 years ago)

Hi the great thing about this method of mixing paint for me. Is if they mix it and your not 100% sure you can always ask them to change it slightly while you are still in the store.

Good product thanks lee
    Lee invites you to read: Amazing Help in Weight LossMy Profile

August 23, 2012 at 3:01 am (5 years ago)

Thanks also Lee.:)

15. Rebecca
    May 2, 2012 at 1:29 pm (5 years ago)

Wow! That’s really new technology. This is the first time I’ve heard about this and I’m really surprised at the new technologies popping up. This one is really helpful! I sure will look for it when it’s my turn to buy paint. Thanks for sharing your experience.

16. ralph
    April 12, 2012 at 9:52 am (5 years ago)

now the hassle of having to wait for the perfect shade to appear after continuous mixing manually is over, thanks to this invention. I’d love to try that when i have to repaint my house.
    ralph invites you to read: Going To A Palm Sunday Mass CelebrationMy Profile

17. Gemma
    April 12, 2012 at 4:48 am (5 years ago)

Nice huh? I was pretty amazed myself when I saw them use the technology when we bought a gallon of paint here!

Your mom must be pleased with how the room turned out! :)
    Gemma invites you to read: Coming to New Orleans – Canal StreetMy Profile

18. Airra Pingol
    April 11, 2012 at 9:42 pm (5 years ago)

oohh.. this is nice. I didnt know Ace had this.
    this is a great post since im planning to change the colors of my walls at my room.

19. Enzo
    April 11, 2012 at 7:34 pm (5 years ago)

We need to spend much in order to achieve the quality that we want. Sometimes quality comes with the price so it’s better not to settle for less but with poor quality.

I also prefer odorless paint.
    Enzo invites you to read: Junar is Outstanding School Paper Adviser 2012My Profile

20. unsugarcoatedreviews.com
    April 11, 2012 at 5:34 pm (5 years ago)

Oh this is nice. I didn’t know about computerized paint mixing. I was only familiar with the manual way. This makes it quicker and more consistent.

21. athena/april
    April 11, 2012 at 5:32 pm (5 years ago)

i’ve seen this in ace hardware too but never really paid attention to it.
    this is a great innovation and i hope that i’d be able to try it out soon if i decide to revamp my space.
    cheers.
    athena/april invites you to read: no longer anonymous.My Profile

22. Irene
    April 11, 2012 at 4:47 pm (5 years ago)

Thanks to technology indeed! I love how the color turned out! It looks good on your wall! :-)
    Irene invites you to read: Let’s Celebrate!My Profile

23. Mary jane
    April 11, 2012 at 4:18 pm (5 years ago)

technology change a lot of things in our modern life now!! so no wonder everything is a breezy thing to do now! xx
    Mary jane invites you to read: DATANLA WATERFALLS VIETNAMMy Profile

24. tatess
    April 11, 2012 at 3:30 pm (5 years ago)

Ace sales person are very approachable .On our last vacation ,we went to Ace Festival mall to look around ,they were very accommodating answering to my hubby’s questions.
    tatess invites you to read: How to Take Care of Your TeethMy Profile