Proudly Pinoy: Streetfood Tycoon

There’s another game in the app store that got me excited. I am very proud and happy to share that this game was developed and released by a fellow Filipino, Erick Garayblas of Kuyi Mobile. Yep, this is proudly Pinoy made. It is aptly titled Streetfood Tycoon. As we all know, this type of food is very much popular here in the Philippines as this can be seen almost everywhere.

Streetfood Tycoon

Streetfood Tycoon is an iphone game application that can be downloaded for free from the Itunes App Store. It is a management game where you have to fill in the customer’s order by combining the right ingredients while at the same time dealing with restocking, buying better ingredients and upgrading facilities.

Streetfood Tycoon

Streetfood Tycoon

Streetfood Tycoon

The game is easy to play. The main objective is to earn enough coins by selling food. When a customer approaches the cart they will tell you their order through a picture bubble. You just need to tap all the ingredients as shown correctly in the picture to create an order. You then need to drag the order to the customer to complete the sale. In case you mess up and want to start over, you can tap the trash at the bottom left side of the screen to scrap your previous creation. There’s a time limit for every order, if you don’t respond right away, the customer will not accept the order and leave in a huff. There are also those little things like stocks running low, food spills, and left over crumbs that need cleaning-up that had to be addressed right away to avoid getting into a fix. You can only restock one item at a time, so you need to make quick decisions too based on what your business needs at the moment.

Streetfood Tycoon

As you progresses in the game, you’ll be able to move to 4 new locations. You will also be able to upgrade your cart to serve more and better quality food (aside from corn dog and fries) such as kwek kwek and fishballs.

Streetfood Tycoon

Streetfood Tycoon

Visually, the background is pleasing enough to the eyes. It has a dreamy quality to it as it appears washed up. What I like most about this application is the cart itself. I love how the food are graphically presented. When you fill in orders you can see the food supply being reduced and when you restock, you can actually see it getting refilled. I like the animations too such as the musical notes and tipping jar. The character graphics though can still be improved as some have very sharp features. It would be better if they can make the features of the ladies appear softer and tone down the features of the men a bit too to make them look more friendly. Since this game can be played by not just adults but children and teens as well, it would be good to make them more attractive and less intimidating.

Streetfood Tycoon

softer features please.:)

Streetfood Tycoon

needs a little toning down.:)

The sound effects are on the mediocre side. It doesn’t do much to the game itself. In fact, it wouldn’t hurt to change this into a more lively and catchy tune to pump up playing time. The character responses are repetitive too, it is kind of funny the way a macho guy would suddenly let out a whiny “bye” or how an old lady would suddenly emit a manly growl before she leaves.

While playing, pop-ups with little instructions and suggestions such as this will appear on your screen. This will literally walk you through the whole application:

Streetfood Tycoon

I highly recommend this to anyone who is interested in putting up her own food cart business or basically those who want to have some fun playing streetfood vendor. This is a good way of putting into practice the business skills you have acquired. It provides a venue where you can exercise your skill in making hard and fast decisions, managing finances well, increasing customer satisfaction, balancing restocking, and observing good sanitation.

With parental guidance, children aged 7 onwards and teens can easily enjoy the challenge of earning, spending and saving as nothing comes here for free. Everything has to be purchased with coins. Playing this game with your children is a good way of teaching them the value of handling money wisely and working your way up.

Overall, this is a great game to play. It is both fun and addicting. This game provides enough challenges that would make you want to play it again and again. With streetfood tycoon, you can be the savvy streetfood vendor in no time. Somehow, it exercises your brain to do more than flick your finger on the screen, it gets your mind working while you’re having fun.

Streetfood Tycoon can be downloaded using iPhone/iPad with iOS 4.03 or higher. To download, go to the iTunes App Store. Show your support to Filipino game developers by downloading and playing this game on your iPhone and iPad now.:)

40 Comments on Proudly Pinoy: Streetfood Tycoon

1. tekdev
    November 13, 2016 at 9:25 am (11 months ago)

Great informative article. Your posts are so interesting and providing me great information. thanks for the shearing. Keep shearing bro….

2. search engine
    October 10, 2014 at 10:00 pm (3 years ago)

I’m amazed, I have to admit. Seldom do I come across a blog that’s equally educative and interesting, and without a doubt, you’ve hit the nail on the head.
    The problem is something not enough people are speaking intelligently about.
    I’m very happy I came across this during my hunt for something regarding this.
    search engine invites you to read: search engineMy Profile

3. zdravá strava jídelníček
    October 10, 2014 at 8:21 pm (3 years ago)

I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme.Did you desin this website yourself
    or did you hire someone to doo it for you?
    Plzz reply as I’m looking to design my own blog and would like to find out where u got this
    from. thanks a lot
    zdravá strava jídelníček invites you to read: zdravá strava jídelníčekMy Profile

4. wellness coaching training
    September 25, 2014 at 1:53 am (3 years ago)

Hi colleagues, how is everything, and what you wish for
    to say about this paragraph, in my view its actually awesome in favor of me.
    wellness coaching training invites you to read: wellness coaching trainingMy Profile

5. Taj
    September 23, 2014 at 5:54 pm (3 years ago)

Hi are using WordPress for your site platform? I’m new to the blog
    world but I’m trying to get started and set up my own. Do you need any coding knowledge
    to make your own blog? Any help would be really appreciated!
    Taj invites you to read: TajMy Profile

6. https://replacementindustrialcartridgefilters.wordpress.com
    September 6, 2014 at 7:59 am (3 years ago)

Howdy I am so grateful I found your blog page, I really found you by accident, while
    I was searching on Bing for something else, Nonetheless
    I am here now and would just like to say thank you for a marvelous post
    and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t
    have time to go through it all at the moment but I have book-marked it and
    also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read
    a lot more, Please do keep up the awesome job.
    https://replacementindustrialcartridgefilters.wordpress.com invites you to read: https://replacementindustrialcartridgefilters.wordpress.comMy Profile

7. eddy laine salamante
    January 22, 2013 at 1:39 am (5 years ago)

sana magkaroon ng pc version wala pa kasi akong pambili ng iphone o kaya ipad…:(

8. richard
    June 1, 2012 at 11:39 am (5 years ago)

mron n b n 2 s Pc

June 1, 2012 at 12:08 pm (5 years ago)

Hi Richard, unfortunately wala pa.:)

9. rachelle
    March 28, 2012 at 1:58 pm (6 years ago)

hahaha! cool. proud to be Pinoy! nakakatawa ung mga itsura ng vendors. nakasando pa talaga. Pinoy na Pinoy! 😀
    rachelle invites you to read: iPod Touch with GPSMy Profile

March 29, 2012 at 5:25 am (6 years ago)

Thanks Rachelle.:)

10. supladang astig
    March 28, 2012 at 8:50 am (6 years ago)

wow, gusto ko to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 28, 2012 at 12:06 pm (6 years ago)

Ahahaha download and play it now.:)

11. Stephanie Mayo
    March 28, 2012 at 3:24 am (6 years ago)

Wow, galing! I’m not really a gamer, but this sounds really cute. And very creative. Will ask an iPhone owner to download the app just so I can take a look at a Pinoy-made game. :)

12. Gene
    March 27, 2012 at 6:17 pm (6 years ago)

I am addicted to this! I love this game so much! I already served Lady Googah, Pee Noy and Mooney Pookyaw! Hahaha, this is so fun! Proudly Pinoy made pa.
    Gene invites you to read: Kopiko KopiccinoMy Profile

March 28, 2012 at 12:29 am (6 years ago)

Way to go Gene!:)

13. chrisair
    March 27, 2012 at 4:00 pm (6 years ago)

wow parang ganito yung nilalaro ko sa y8 I just forgot the name, but hail to pinoy who made this for ios
    chrisair invites you to read: iTunes Pinoy VersionMy Profile

March 28, 2012 at 12:30 am (6 years ago)

Try it Chrisair.:)

14. Suyen
    March 27, 2012 at 12:58 pm (6 years ago)

I saw the other posts on this game also and I really really hope they come out with a version for Android :)
    Suyen invites you to read: Geekgasm: David Finch in ManilaMy Profile

March 27, 2012 at 1:12 pm (6 years ago)

I think they will Suyen.:)

• Erick Garayblas
      March 27, 2012 at 2:10 pm (6 years ago)

Hi Suyen! Yup an Android version is coming soon. Just ironing out the small issues on the iOS version before I port and release for Android. Thank you for the support! :)

March 27, 2012 at 12:21 pm (6 years ago)

Tori, I know right!:D

15. Erick Garayblas
    March 27, 2012 at 10:29 am (6 years ago)

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and for supporting Filipino developers guys! Sobrang overwhelmed ako when I found out that the game already hit #3 overall free app sa Philippine App Store and I couldn’t have done it w/out everyone’s support! A huge THANK YOU! :)

@Blanca: Linked to your review from Kuyi Mobile’s Facebook page: http://facebook.kuyimobile.com/. Thanks!! :)

March 27, 2012 at 11:37 am (6 years ago)

Good job Erick! We’re proud of you. Keep coming up with ultra fun games for us to play.:)

March 27, 2012 at 11:38 am (6 years ago)

Galing!:)

16. Gagay
    March 27, 2012 at 9:03 am (6 years ago)

..feeling ko this could be one new addiction..hahaha..cool game!

March 27, 2012 at 11:40 am (6 years ago)

It is and what’s good about it is that it is made by a Pinoy! Proud to be Filipino.:)

March 27, 2012 at 5:51 am (6 years ago)

Oh, she’ll definitely love this.:)

March 27, 2012 at 5:51 am (6 years ago)

Mukhang di naman, he seemed down to earth and humble.:)

17. jared's mum
    March 26, 2012 at 9:34 pm (6 years ago)

this sounds like an interesting app. I remember I love playing cafeworld on facebook. but it has been a while since i last did. reading about this post made me miss it + want to try out this new one, too! :)
    jared’s mum invites you to read: a list of things to doMy Profile

March 27, 2012 at 12:30 am (6 years ago)

Try it, it’s fun.:)

18. Budget Biyahera
    March 26, 2012 at 2:17 pm (6 years ago)

Waaah! This game looks fun! I’m glad a fellow Filipino was able to develop this game. Kudos to Eric! =)

March 26, 2012 at 2:26 pm (6 years ago)

It is fun Mai!:)