Quest for the Perfect Baby Back Ribs

Lately I’ve been scouring different food joints in my quest for the perfect Baby Back Ribs. The one that is so tender the meat easily falls off the bone and topped with the perfect mix of sweet tangy sauce that goes very well with a steaming cup of rice. Of course it has to be easy on the pocket too, preferably in servings that can be best shared by two or more persons. So far, here are my top picks:

Holy Cow’s Baby Back Ribs. Tasty and grilled to perfection and has just the right amount of tenderness. I love the barbeque sauce, it tastes heavenly. (around 300, oops forgot to jot down the exact price). Serving is good for two to three persons.

Baby Back Ribs

Racks Glazed Memphis Baby. Super tasty and tender too. It is smothered with deep-flavored Memphis barbeque sauce. If you like your sauce to be a little bit tangy, this one is for you. This is served with a Ceasar Salad and two side dishes of your choice. The Ceasar Salad goes perfectly well with the baby back. I suggest that you go for the mashed potato and broccoli & cheese side dishes, they have the best. Good for sharing, two to three persons at the most. (675)

Baby Back Ribs

Glazed Memphis Barbeque

If you want to play it safe though, Racks’ Classic Pork Ribs and Hickory Smoked Chicken (crispy and crunchy Hickory chicken almost stole the show) combination is a must try. This flame grilled baby topped with their “heaven in a bottle” barbeque sauce is simply to die for. Good for sharing too, two persons at the most. (395)

Baby Back Ribs

Classic Baby Back (I know, eksena si Hickory chicken)

Big Daddy Jay’s All-American Barbeque. We did the rounds at Soderno at Molito Lifestyle Center two nights in a row last long wekend, and I must say that, hands down this one is the best among all the Baby Back Ribs being sold there. It is super tender because apparently they were cooked to perfection for 4 straight hours. Sauce is super duper greeeeeat–salty-sweet-tangy! Half order of Classic Smoked Pork Ribs with one side dish is good for sharing, two persons at the most. (277)

Baby Back Ribs

Big Daddy Jay's All American Barbeque

Do you know of any place that serves the best Baby Back Ribs? Do share! Looks like I’m not done yet with my craving!:)

17 Comments on Quest for the Perfect Baby Back Ribs

1. BigDaddyJay's
    March 1, 2012 at 3:56 pm (5 years ago)

Thank you for the great review on Big Daddy Jay’s. We hope to formally meet you when you visit us next time :-) By the way, apart from Soderno in Alabang, we’re also at Mercato Centrale in Fort BGC on Saturday mornings, 7AM-2PM.

March 2, 2012 at 8:27 am (5 years ago)

You’re welcome Big Daddy Jay’s.:)

2. Gemma
    February 1, 2012 at 5:48 am (5 years ago)

sira ang diet! bow! sarap!!! kakagutom! :)
    Gemma invites you to read: Outside the Box!My Profile

February 1, 2012 at 7:48 am (5 years ago)

Thanks Gemma.:)

3. Sumi Go
    February 1, 2012 at 5:43 am (5 years ago)

I’ve tried Holy Cow’s and Rack’s and I can say they’re tender and very flavorful.. :) I don’t usually order baby back ribs so I haven’t tried other restos with potentially good ribs yet. Thanks for sharing this sis! I’ll definitely give Big Daddy Jay’s a go when I pay Soderno a visit which is probably really soon.. :)
    Sumi Go invites you to read: Chocolate Kiss Cafe: Serving the Good StuffMy Profile

February 1, 2012 at 7:49 am (5 years ago)

Thanks Sumi, enjoy your baby back ribs from Soderno.:)

February 1, 2012 at 12:06 am (5 years ago)

Haha! Thanks Violy for commenting!:)

4. Kat
    January 31, 2012 at 1:29 pm (5 years ago)

It’s been some time since I last had baby back ribs. A decade (or more) ago, I was content with Kenny’s, then Racks came to the South and it was like we had a piece of heaven. When Racks closed shop in one of the malls here, I don’t think I’ve ever ordered ribs again. The one at Soderno sounds really yummy that I MUST convince the hubby to try it out one of these weekends.

Thanks for your comment about my post for Woodrose :) It’s much appreciated and after last Saturday, we’re considering it as one of our top options. Have a good one!
    Kat invites you to read: Family Day 2012 at PAREF Woodrose School Ayala AlabangMy Profile

February 1, 2012 at 2:57 am (5 years ago)

Thanks Kat!:)

5. lakwatsero
    January 31, 2012 at 1:15 pm (5 years ago)

Thanks for the info. I have already tried Dad’s baby back ribs, ok naman sya. You can also try sa Hooters, warning: medyo small yung serving, and a bit pricey for its size.

January 31, 2012 at 1:32 pm (5 years ago)

Thanks for the info Dg Formoso! Yeah Hooters is pricey! Haha! Will try Dad’s.:)

January 30, 2012 at 7:02 am (5 years ago)

Thanks Blair!:)

6. Mich of Mich Eats and Shops
    January 29, 2012 at 12:09 pm (5 years ago)

I’m happy to know that the BEST among them all is actually the cheapest too! 😀 Just shows you that price doesn’t necessarily equate to quality. :) I do like Rack’s baby back ribs, though :) Very tender and flavorful as you said. Now I’m craving! Hahaha
    Mich of Mich Eats and Shops invites you to read: Shop Love: HEBE ManilaMy Profile

January 29, 2012 at 12:20 pm (5 years ago)

Thanks Mich!:)