Potatoes with Love (A Simple Potato Salad Recipe)

I love food but I hate cooking. The only time my family trust me in front of the stove is when I am tasked to heat something or when I tell them that I will whip up their favorite Baked Spaghetti, the one and only dish I can decently cook. So I am no kitchen queen but then aside from my Baked Spaghetti (which I don’t really bake, mind you! whahaha), I also have another one up my tattered chef’s sleeve. My (in)famous Potato Salad. A lot of people say that my potato salad is one of the best they’ve ever tasted which is funny because it has absolutely no fancy ingredients. The ones that I use in my Potato Salad are stuffs that you can easily buy in the sari-sari store and palengke. No exotic herbs or spices.

This is how my potato salad looks like:

My Po-ta-to Salad. Fierce!

And here’s a quick guide on how to do it:

1. Boil potatoes. Add a dash of salt. (I trust that you will know when to stop dumping salt in your water. You most probably are smart enough to know when enough is enough.hehe).

2. Boil chicken meat separately. Add a dash of salt. (Again I trust you to know when enough is enough when it comes to salt. Don’t get carried away)

3. When the potatoes are ready (Prick it with a fork. When it is medium soft, then it is ready. When it breaks when you prick it, my gawd! You overboiled it), drain water and let the potatoes cool. Cut them into small cubes.

4. Drain water from the chicken boil (I am sure you’ll know when it is cooked already.heehee). Let it cool and then tear chicken meat into little strips (Don’t forget to wash your hands first)

5. Mix the chickens strips and potatoes in a bowl. Add some pickles (you can buy the minced pickles in bottles)

6. Add salt. Mix all the ingredients well. (Don’t just look at it and wonder if the salt or pickles that you put are just enough. Taste it! Adjust the taste by adding some salt or pickles if need be)

7. Add Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise. (Trust me this recipe will not work well with any other mayonnaise. It has to be Lady’s Choice (yeah righ?!). haha.

8. Mix well. Do some taste test. Again, add a little more salt, or pickles, or mayonnaise until you are satisfied with the taste.

7. Let it chill for a while before serving.

See, it is that simple and easy. It is nothing fancy but I can assure you, it tastes just perfect.

If there’s one thing I learn from my mom when it comes to cooking (she’s the dalai lama of our kitchen by the way), it is this: It is not so much the fancy stuffs that you use in your recipe that would make people fall in love with your cooking but the loving attention you give to each dish that you prepare knowing that it would not only give the one who will eat it a full stomach but happy, warm memories of the dish too. Happy, warm memories that will stay with him long before the food is gone.

Any dish, however simple or fancy you’ve prepared it, as long as it is sprinkled with a lot of love and seasoned with thoughtful attention, is a sure sure winner!:)

9 Comments on Potatoes with Love (A Simple Potato Salad Recipe)

1. avchele
    February 17, 2017 at 4:51 pm (4 months ago)

great recipe,i will try to make this at home tonight.i hope this will be so testy to eat.I am actually delighted to read this blog posts which consists of lots of Useful Facts.thanks for sharing us.

2. atrise12
    December 10, 2016 at 5:23 pm (7 months ago)

It looks amazingly delicious !! Anyway, from here I love to eat mostly grits , it’s one of my favorite food from than others.
    Though each food is really so tasty… Thanks for the shearing….
    atrise12 invites you to read: About MeMy Profile

3. opichaggar
    November 8, 2016 at 10:55 am (8 months ago)

Great providing. It was really helpful that you are sharing this details to your readers, I do personally having a worth while in the article. Thanks for sharing.

4. Ronyjahid
    July 26, 2016 at 6:20 pm (11 months ago)

LOVED this recipe! Appreciated your tips too, particularly about sprinkling the vinegar on the warm potatoes, although I use lemon juice. The potatoes are like sponges at this point and really absorb that tangy goodness. My favorite potato salad recipe. Thank you. Well done!!

5. charles jimenez
    March 7, 2014 at 8:31 am (3 years ago)

Thanks for the blog. I really love potato, it is my favorite food like french fries. i will try to cook this one at home. Thank for the recipe. Keep it up.

6. Haya
    May 8, 2013 at 2:12 pm (4 years ago)

Hi,
    I am glad to read your article this is really useful for me.
    Thank you so much for the great sharing.:)

7. Wayne46
    April 28, 2013 at 11:13 am (4 years ago)

Medical assistant is the brand new member of the medical team. Medical assistants are healthcare experts who conduct routine clinical as well as administrative jobs so as to support medical care providers.medical assistant courses

8. James
    April 16, 2013 at 10:04 am (4 years ago)

It was really helpful that you are sharing this details to your readers, I do personally having a worth while in the article. Thanks for sharing such good release.

9. Lee
    September 6, 2012 at 2:52 pm (5 years ago)

Hi blanca potatoes with love sounds agreat recipe. I am the opposite I love cooking and experimenting with different ingredients. To see what works and what doesn’t. I will definatly give this one a go. Whether I can stop myself tweaking it as I prepare it is another matter.

Yummy thanks lee