Teaching to Love the Philippines Through Travel

I love teaching and travelling because both activities enrich you in a way that you would always emerge from every experience a changed person. My favorite topic of discussion in class has always been “Landforms and Water Forms in the Philippines.” Yes, I am a Social Studies teacher. You could say that I am passionate about sharing the beautiful wonders of the Philippines with my grade two students. I love how they would become eager to see more of the Philippines after wrapping up this lesson. I enjoy exciting them with my travel stories and pictures especially of my top three favorite local destinations:

1. Palawan

I love the beach and Palawan has a lot of them, the most beautiful ones too. I also admire how the locals put so much effort in the preservation and conservation of the environment and wildlife there. Something that I am always proud to share to my students in the hope that they would also do the same.

Honda Bay, Palawan

2. Badian Island, Cebu

I love snorkeling and Badian Island’s Coral Garden gave me my best snorkeling experience. It left me in awe of the wonderful underwater treasures that can be found underneath its water. I am glad that some of my students have taken a liking to snorkeling as well.

Coral Garden (Badian island), Cebu

3. Tagaytay

It is for me the perfect weekend get away. It has everything you need for a good time—quaint shops/restaurants, great view and cool weather (plus it is just a mere two-hour drive from Manila). An ideal place for parents to bring their children to for some family bonding.

Tagaytay, Cavite

I always believed that for children to appreciate the country, they must see it with their very own eyes. It is only when they get the feel of a certain place that they would learn to love it. So bring your children around and join Sago in his many travel escapades and adventures. Let’s Go Sago!

This serves as my official entry to Let’s Go Sago! 3rd Anniversary contest. Share your travel experience or your dream destinations / Philippine tourist spots and get that free Boracay accommodation for two in one of the islands’ best and more!

57 Comments on Teaching to Love the Philippines Through Travel

1. Phillip Vanarsdel
    November 7, 2017 at 11:38 am (3 weeks ago)

Hi again! I keep running across great posts on your blog. We, at Polka Dot Design, love finding writer’s share our passions as well. Thank you for the inspiration for our blog too!

2. Indian transmission projects
    November 4, 2017 at 9:19 am (3 weeks ago)

Amazing post!
    really informative and helpful post.
    everything is good enough and website Design is the perfect combination for color contrast.
    well! keep writing.
    thanks for sharing,
    God bless you…

3. Digambar
    October 19, 2017 at 6:25 pm (1 month ago)

if you are looking for tourism related content then i have a good content

4. Desert Safari Dubai
    September 30, 2017 at 9:47 am (2 months ago)

Hi,

Your blog is too good. I recommend to all my friends. I have got great ideas from your website for the improvement of my website
    Desert Safari Dubai invites you to read: Dubai Gold SoukMy Profile

5. Desert Safari Dubai
    September 30, 2017 at 9:46 am (2 months ago)

Hi,

Desert safari 4u
    Desert Safari Dubai invites you to read: Dubai Gold SoukMy Profile

6. visit today italy
    September 28, 2017 at 2:47 pm (2 months ago)

Wow It’s amazing, especially when you travel with family.
    thank for sharing your memories with us.

7. Sophia
    September 26, 2017 at 5:01 am (2 months ago)

Very Impressed by your Contents . Here is another website erolnews.com , Here you can get Live tv channels like Adom Tv and GTV Sports etc . And Latest Ghana News and other news from all over the world.

8. Daniel
    September 9, 2017 at 3:56 am (3 months ago)

The Philippines is next on my travel list, it looks like such a beautiful place!

9. dexter
    September 8, 2017 at 8:21 am (3 months ago)

you guys are awesome. stunning shots .I really enjoys the post. That looked perfect for our family trip
    Tagaytay… kids would find this so much fun.

10. dexter
    September 8, 2017 at 8:19 am (3 months ago)

you guys are awesome. stunning shots .I really enjoys the post. hope you had a great time guys!!!
    Tagaytay kids would find this so much fun.

11. RAW
    September 5, 2017 at 12:14 am (3 months ago)

Nice Place.It look nutural i like there.Thank for sharing.

12. Flores
    August 31, 2017 at 12:51 pm (3 months ago)

This absolutely has me convinced that I need some Philippines in my life asap! 🙂

13. Rooy
    August 27, 2017 at 11:49 am (3 months ago)

Nice Place.It look nutural i like there.Thank for sharing.

14. flores post
    August 23, 2017 at 6:38 am (3 months ago)

this is great! Really cool post, Thank you very much.

15. Gioko P.
    August 19, 2017 at 11:47 am (3 months ago)

I loved reading this post. The Filipino are so beautiful and hospitable. How else would I have known about the natural wonders of the Philippines?

16. Lasha Berry
    August 9, 2017 at 6:55 pm (4 months ago)

If people are responding to what you write or get meaningful value from what you write, then you’ve made a difference

17. Lasha Berry
    August 9, 2017 at 6:50 pm (4 months ago)

your posts were made sense and a difference. If you think that you’re doing to help others, keep going and do the best.

18. Karen Lyons
    July 17, 2017 at 5:55 pm (4 months ago)

The Philippines deserves every attention from the wonderful people, delicious food and nice beaches and weather. Palawan is my get to go destination love that place.

19. Ali Zaidi
    July 16, 2017 at 2:44 pm (4 months ago)

Such an awesome piece of article really informative and relevant to the niche.

20. Iloilo connect
    May 21, 2017 at 5:21 pm (6 months ago)

Thanks a lot for sharing this valuable information .
    I really wanted to have it, but I have to save for it. I have to set aside some money for the sake of my dreams..
    Iloilo connect invites you to read: Affordable Hotels in IloiloMy Profile

21. Castor Oil in Urdu
    May 18, 2017 at 10:33 am (6 months ago)

I just love this website. You are doing a great job.

22. travel groups
    April 18, 2017 at 5:40 am (7 months ago)

Perfect place to visit and view. This seems to be a relaxing and peaceful place. I really liked the images. Philippines is an awesome destination to travel. I will definitely make a plan with my girl gang to visit here. Keep posting such shares.

23. Amilia Anderson
    March 22, 2017 at 6:00 am (8 months ago)

Hi Balanca.Thanks a lot very much for the high quality and results-oriented help. I won’t think twice to endorse your blog post to anybody who wants and needs support about traveling to Philippines. I believe there are many more pleasurable opportunities ahead for individuals that looked at your site.

24. Queereenuse Pacho
    June 23, 2016 at 11:14 am (1 year ago)

This is magnificent,i didn’t know Philippine has this great tourism attraction sites.This must go into travel diary.

25. njeri
    June 20, 2016 at 10:39 am (1 year ago)

looks like a nice place to be !definately in my bucket list

26. Ronoh Robert
    June 17, 2016 at 10:29 am (1 year ago)

Nice places to be Teacher. lovely.

27. Amos Mwasela
    June 17, 2016 at 9:29 am (1 year ago)

Nice place to be. I believe one day I will visit there. Thanks for the information.

28. Salons in Mumbai
    March 21, 2016 at 8:53 am (2 years ago)

Hey have you been to any nice spa there? Please share your experience if you have visited. Regards.

29. Letícia Barros Almeida
    January 4, 2016 at 9:55 am (2 years ago)

When in Boracay, you’ll definitely see a lot of white sand, surfers riding waves, beach bums walking about and beautiful resorts. Indeed, this scenery never truly changes.

In addition, Boracay has been featured in various traveling review sites as one of the top three beaches in the world. Now that’s something else, isn’t it?

The central part of White Beach is the most sought-out location by tourists in Boracay; the place has many amenities for you to choose from. From food, adventure, shopping and parties, it’s all here for you to visit. Now, you’ll definitely have the best time partying away here in Boracay.
    Letícia Barros Almeida invites you to read: Philippine Beach Holiday – The Fascinating Beach Destinations Of Zamboanga del NorteMy Profile

30. laser hair therapy nd
    September 16, 2014 at 2:53 am (3 years ago)

Hair removal in some areas is essential to replace the areas where its growth
    has stopped. Consult with a veterinarian for the proper dosage
    based on the individual pig’s weight. Your hair protected the
    top of the head from the elements.
    laser hair therapy nd invites you to read: laser hair therapy ndMy Profile

31. vitamins for hair growth for women
    August 8, 2014 at 3:10 pm (3 years ago)

They want you to come to the salon on a regular basis so they tell
    you that you need to get a haircut every four to six weeks, but it’s just a way for them to
    make more money. Electrolysis – Electrolysis is a solution which utilizes
    a needle to kill the hair at its root. Oils that are
    perfect for sealing are Olive oil, jojoba oil, safflower oil or castor oil.
    vitamins for hair growth for women invites you to read: vitamins for hair growth for womenMy Profile

32. Bai
    December 5, 2013 at 1:39 am (4 years ago)

5 star for the palawan. Great blog you got here. Keep it up!
    Bai invites you to read: Island BuenavistaMy Profile

33. Best beach resort in boracay
    October 2, 2013 at 7:43 am (4 years ago)

Hi Blanca,

I would like you to recommend the 7 Stones Boracay hotel located at Bulabog beach, I wish you can go there.

34. Blake Levi
    September 16, 2013 at 10:17 am (4 years ago)

The pictures alone tell me how beautiful Philippines is. I want to do a regular visit on its shores and explore its hidden beauty. I have been to a lot of cities in the world and seldom I get to see an exotic beauty like this. I believe that it will be a worthwhile experience to lie down the white-sand beach under the sun.

September 1, 2011 at 3:30 am (6 years ago)

Thanks Jonel and happy anniversary.:)

35. Jenny
    August 31, 2011 at 4:26 am (6 years ago)

Hello Blanca,

wow! this post is amazing! I have traveled all over the Philippines because of my work but I’ve never really chronicled all my experiences. When I read your post, I thought “This woman has really got it all together – appreciating the country and teaching the young to appreciate it as well.”

Now that you reminded me, I’m going to try and put together a write up about my trip to Sultan Kudarat and Tawi-Tawi…but it’s a long time ago. Hope my memory bank won’t fail me.

Jenny

September 1, 2011 at 3:29 am (6 years ago)

Thanks Jenny.:) I enjoyed reading your posts too, keep ’em coming.:)

36. Jonel
    August 28, 2011 at 4:07 pm (6 years ago)

Hi Blanca,

Don’t forget this req’t:
    “Post the link of your article in YOUR Facebook wall and tag @LetsGoSago.net” Facebook page

Aug 29 is the last day for week 3! 🙂

Sago

August 29, 2011 at 3:04 am (6 years ago)

awww, sad I just read this only now.:(
      anyway, thanks!

August 29, 2011 at 5:34 am (6 years ago)

ooops, I thought yesterday was the 29th and today is 30th already. I posted the link in my fb status.:) nakahabol pa. Thanks Jonel for the reminder.:)

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Teaching to Love the Philippines Through Travel

1. […] would like to recognize the article entitled Teaching to Love the Philippines Through Travel by Blanca Santos Dela […]